Sunday, March 21, 2021

New plan afoot

***

Healthy planet, anyone?

Enjoy science photos of the year 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

This fifty-second week of lockdown in South Africa is an opportunity to reflect on the goal of this blog – and to modify my posting schedule.
Posting every day for 360 days has allowed a way to focus my mind and practice self-discipline. It’s kept me going during rough times.
A brief recap: I’d initially planned on visiting my mother for a couple of months, organizing her past and future affairs as I’ve done for the past decade, then returning to California to earn an income and live my life.
After the pandemic set in, South Africa locked down, and international flights were cancelled, I’m grateful that I started recording day-by-day events.
This unique opportunity allowed met to explore:
  • how local and international media presents information to Americans and South Africans
  • tools to understand the intersection between our increasingly over-populated planet and the stress it places on our natural environments
  • conclude that humans must collectively and coherently address our planet's ability holistically to support life.
I will continue to post every day until Day 365 – one full year. After that, I’ll post two or three times per week.
Thank you for following me on this journey.
***
South African days getting shorter, nightfall last longer:
Feb 26: sunrise 5:47am; sunset 6:33pm.
March 2: sunrise 5:50am; sunset 6:29pm.
March 9: sunrise 5:55am; sunset 6:21pm.
March 16: sunrise 5:59am; sunset 6:13pm.
March 20: sunrise 6:01am; sunset 6:08pm.
March 21: sunrise 6:02am; sunset 6:07pm.


No comments: