Friday, September 18, 2020

American Calamity!

Five fifty a.m. Saturday morning, I checked the news on my smartphone. Calamity! Ruth Bader Ginsburg (“RBG”) succumbed. After years of fighting cancer, the trooper died.
I’m surprised at how devastated I am.
Today, I wish I was in the US, among people who know and understand what the passing of this really terrific human woman means.
This brief posting honors RBG. 2020 Liberty Medal Honoring Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Jerusalema

Amid death, live! President Ramaphosa advised South Africans to dance amid the pandemic (socially distanced, of course). I add, dance to celebrate RBG’s amazing strength.
The Jerusalema dance challenge has taken social media by storm – and touched hearts around the world (including mine; how wonderful people can be when we put our minds to cooperating as a collective). People all around the world are sharing videos of their unique teams dancing to the hit song Jerusalema by South African musician Master KG, featuring the voice of songstress Nomcebo Zikode.
Start here: a description and meaning of the Jerusalema challenge by KP Hospital  (7:03 mins) in South Africa, where it all started, Barberton High School  (3:50 mins) and Plettenberg Bay  (3:50 mins)

Also, Transylvania  (2:12 mins)
Jerusalem  (3:15 mins)
10 Best (so far) Jerusalema Dance Moves | WORLDWIDE  (12:05 mins)
More dancers and dance moves tomorrow….

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

Today, I mourn … and feel… life…


No comments: