Sunday, December 5, 2021

Silver linings

News blues

Update on Omicron in US and in SA (7:00 mins)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

Reality check for naïve, out-of-touch me! Or the silver lining: expect the unexpected - and love the results.
Yesterday, I assumed my “free” TV box offered “free” access to news.  Today, with “assume” having made an ass out of me, I’m older and wiser – and more satisfied. While I’ve NO free access to TV news (comes only with a subscription that I’ve no intention of purchasing) I discovered something more generative, less demanding and anxiety-provoking, more soothing and relaxing, and that also demands less fraught attention than the news. I’ve discovered free music – and lots of it.
I log onto YouTube (free) and, using the voice activated remote, I search for, say, “acoustic blues,” and I’m served hours of astonishingly terrific music and film footage from way back – y’know, the 60s: young Howlin’ Wolf, Muddy Waters, Little Walter. Way, way better than today’s news.
Bring on the music.
***
A sunset walk along the beach presented:
Night heron

Stilt

Greater and Lesser Egrets with coots

Brown pelicans' feeding frenzy.

King tides... the ebb tide

All photos (c) S. Galleymore



No comments: