Sunday, December 26, 2021

Hiatus

News blues

Suffered head- and body aches for Christmas. Naturally, it crossed my mind that I’d not only contracted the dreaded Omicron, but that I’d brought it to the house of my friend most fearful of contracting Covid. A quick scan through my activities of the last few days left me puzzled as to where I could have contracted it. Surely I could not have. I’m careful. My only community-oriented activity is grocery shopping but I’m judicious and I keep my distance from others. I did visit the dentist but the day before Christmas so likely too recent for Omicron to manifest. 
I double-checked the symptoms provided by Dr. Bruce Patterson, who works for single cell diagnostic company IncellDx and the Chronic Covid Treatment Center and who is a long-haul COVID expert. He reports he has not seen as much of a loss of taste and smell compared to the previous variants. This jibbed with my experience: delicious aromas from cooking our holiday meal suffused the house. Additionally, Patterson said, ‘“the one thing that’s always present with COVID-19 patients is fatigue”  - including the Omicron patients he has seen so far.’
I was just achy, not fatigued.
I swallowed a Tylenol at bedtime.
Yay! Awoke this morning feeling fit and aches free.
In case you're wondering, here’s the latest checklist of what constitutes mild, moderate and severe COVID >> 
***  
In sad news Desmond Tutu passed away. Long live Desmond Tutu! 
***
The Lincoln Project:
Who GAF about Christmas?  (0:35 mins)
Covid Vaccine  (1:00 mins)

Healthy planet, anyone?

Ten great city projects for nature: photo essay >> 
Age of Extinction: photo essay >> 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

Rain, rain, rain on the holiday but we took advantage of a brief hiatus and walked the neighborhood. Nothing as exciting as water flowing free and fast down gullies and into canals….
Took these photos in my neighborhood the day before the holiday. 

California gulls enjoy the temporary ponds.
***
Meanwhile, travel restrictions to and from southern Africa will be lifted on Monday. Time to rethink travel plans.... 
Soon, I'll leave the land of the winter solstice with:
Sunrise: 7:23am
Sunset: 4:56pm
Rain, rain, rain….
and travel to the land of the summer solstice with:
Sunrise: 4:59am
Sunset: 7:00pm
Rain, rain, rain….


No comments: