Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Who’s nose is this nose?

Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face: Donald Trump – facing an uphill election – abruptly scrapped stimulus talks and punted on economic relief for millions of suffering Americans until after Election Day .
This is another example of The Donald Think: not voting for me? I’ll show you! I’ll take away any tax-based support you’re entitled to receive. See how you suckers and losers like them apples!
***
The Lincoln Project:
Hospital  (0:55 mins)
Covita  (1:25 mins)
Adultery  (1:00 mins)

Healthy futures, anyone?

Companies Are Making Major Climate Pledges. Here’s What They Really Mean. Decoding corporate climate change targets ― from net-zero emissions to going carbon negative. 

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…

No rain today meant a day packed with painting. Prettying up the exterior of the house has been my goal for more than two weeks and, today, we almost accomplished it. We’ll finish up tomorrow. After that, I’ll take photographs, send them to the realtors, and – voilà – the house will be on the market.
Then, the waiting.
Apparently, after a seller accepts an offer to purchase, it takes another 3 to 4 months to complete the sale. Not sure I can stick around long enough to see this through. (My life in California has been on hold for almost nine months.)
I’m hopeful that someone will make an offer for local real estate agencies are experiencing among their best sales months ever. That is, it’s a great time to buy. Not such a good time to sell.




No comments: